Jewelers Employment Manual
Employment Lawsuits are Expensive, Distracting and Avoidable.
Protect Your Business with JVC’s JEM
Employment lawsuits have increased almost 50 percent in federal courts and 40 percent in state courts in the last ten years.
Of lawsuits that go to trial, employees win approximately 67 percent of federal and state court cases.
Expensive: $500,000 in claims + $250,000 in legal fees.
Distracting: lost hours to prepare your defense…improve poor staff morale…counter negative PR.
Avoidable: JVC’s JEM – Jewelers Employment Manual can help you develop and implement common-sense policies and procedures to create a positive workplace and avoid costly employment lawsuits.
Guidance for Employers (Handbook, paper)
- A survey of important federal employment laws
- A guide to hiring
- Immigration concerns; employment verification and authorization
- Protecting the good will of your company
- The evaluation process
- Security in the workplace; surveillance and searches
- A guide to termination
- AND MORE.
- e-version of Guidance for Employers, with live links to sample forms and government websites with useful information.
- Sample Employee Handbook, with easy-to-follow instructions for developing a customized version for your company.
- Important Sample Forms, include:
At-Will Employment Agreement
Drug Test Consent Form
Severance Agreement and Release
- Dedicated email address for questions about jewelers’ employment programs
Plus, Frequently Asked Questions for Employers
JEM users can develop and implement common-sense policies and procedures to create a positive workplace.
or phone: 212-997-2002.
JVC members can purchase JEM at a deep discount. Join JVC
All sales are FINAL
Receive JVC Discount
JA, JBT, AGS, Alabama Jewelers Association,
North Carolina Jewelers Association,
South Carolina Jewelers Association,
Arkansas Jewelers Association
members who do not belong
to JVC are eligible to
purchase JEM at a discount
Association Members: Click the appropriate link to order.
No Part of the Information in this Guide is Intended as Legal Advice